|22nd Anniversary Heart & Sole Cancer Walk
2019 Theme: "CARNIVAL FUN"
Please join us for the 22nd Annual Heart & Sole Cancer Walk on Friday, June 14th, 2019 at the Mitchell Middle School located at 800 W. 10th. The walk begins at 6:30 PM while the 5k/10k/1.7 Mile Fun Run will begin right after the opening ceremonies! This long standing summer tradition brings together thousands of committed, caring individuals and organizations who show their community spirit by walking, running, donating, selling luminaries and volunteering!
As a team effort to raise awareness and promote our commitment to overcome this disease, we invite you to gather your family, friends, coworkers, and students to participate in this event. The revenue from this walk is used to aid people in the Mitchell and surrounding areas in their fight against cancer.
To request cancer assistance: Click here for more information about HSCA.
** NOTE: Luminary forms can be dropped off at either Mitchell CorTrust Bank location. **
Team Registration Information
- Complete "Team Registration Form" indicating what size T-shirts your team will need. Remember each team receives 10 FREE shirts and additional t-shirts are available for $12 each.
- Mail or deliver your Team Registration Form to be received no later than Wednesday, April 23rd, 2019. You may also e-mail your team registration to email@example.com .
- Team T-shirt pick-up will be Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 between 12-6 PM at First Lutheran Church. Be sure to bring your Team Registration Fee ($175), luminary money and any additional T-shirt money when you pick up your shirts. All money raised by the team up to this time must also be turned in on this date to be eligible for the Trophy that will be awarded to the Team raising the most dollars. Please bring completed Team Summary Form.
Click here for the complete 2019 Heart & Sole Walk Information Packet.
Important Notes To Remember:
- Teams are urged to have a minimum of 10 members.
- Each team will receive 10 t-shirts for participating
- Additional team shirts can be purchased at $15 each.
- Team Registration is $175. Money can be paid in many ways:
- Each team member could make his or her own contribution
- Luminary sales made before May 23rd can be applied to your team registration fee.
- You may have a "Team Sponsor" pay the full amount
- Ask everyone you know to sponsor you!
- Set a goal - Just seven donations of $25 will raise $175!
- You will be assigned a campsite number when you pick up your shirts. Camp numbers will be located at the front/center of your site. The campsites will be numbered and marked by noon on June 14th, after which time, teams can set up. Please be considerate of others' views when setting up tents.
- Food will be sold at the Walk, but feel free to bring your own coolers, etc. to your site. We ask that these items be used for your personal use only and not to be distributed to the masses. We have many vendors who donate their products to aid our cause. Thanks for your cooperation! We also ask that you bring a garbage bag for your campsite - THANKS!
- No pets, roller blades, bicycles or skateboards are allowed on the field or on the track!
- No tobacco or alcoholic products are allowed on the grounds. South Dakota State Schools have a policy that prohibits tobacco and alcohol on school property. Anyone violating this policy will be required to leave the field.
- Not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
We have been asked by some participants about how to be a sponsor. Here are the levels of sponsorship!
- $500-$999 donation*
- Option to purchase campsite for $175. Luminary sales can be used for campsite fee.
- Name on back of t-shirt
- $1,000 or more donation*
- 10 free t-shirts per team
- Front row campsite to decorate as you wish
- Your banner on the stage
- Name and logo on back of t-shirt
*Donations do not include money raised through luminary sales.
Wednesday, April 23, 2019 - Team registration forms are due in order to get your T-shirts. Please sign up by this date!
Mail or Email your team registration and summary forms, indicating t-shirt sizes to:
Heart & Sole
PO Box 236
Mitchell, SD 57301
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 - Team T-shirt pick up
Location: First Lutheran Church from 12-6 PM
Be sure to bring your team registration money, along with any luminary or donation money that your team raised in order to be eligible for the Trophy that will be awarded to the team with the highest dollar amount.
Remember you can continue to sell luminaries and request donations even after the team registration date to help raise more money for our family and friends in Mitchell and the surrounding area who are in need of assistance!
Tuesday, June 4, 2019 - Pie Auction
Don't forget to listen to Q-107 on June 11th for the annual Pie Auction! All proceeds go to the Cancer Walk! Be sure to tell your friends!
Friday, June 14, 2019 - 22nd annual Heart & Sole Cancer Walk/Run!
"Wait, I didn't get a team together before the deadline!"
Teams may also register the day of the event at the Middle School parking lot, however T-shirts may not be available to teams who have not met the deadline. If your team is registering the day of the event be sure to bring your team registration money along with any money raised. A campsite will be assigned at that time.
Those who choose not to run or walk can donate a few hours of their time as a volunteer on Walk/Run day. If interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks so much for your help and dedication to this event. We are very excited about it and hope you are too!
Heart and Sole Cancer Walk Committee